Site Content


This is not a comprehensive list in programs and services in our area, just ones that we frequently refer clients to.  If you would like some assistance identifying resources that may benefit you and your family, please call our message phone at 406-466-3646 and one of our volunteers will get in touch with you.

Health and Wellness Services

Teton County Health Department - Provides immunizations, cancer screening assistance, breastfeeding support, WIC, tobacco cessation and prevention, child car seat installations, and communicable disease education.

Medicaid (Office of Public Assistance) - Assistance with applying for and maintaining Medicaid for adults and children. 

Cascade City County Health Department - Prevention services and family services including immunizations, cancer screenings, and community clinic.

Center for Mental Health - Services in Teton County include case management, day treatment, outpatient therapy, addiction counseling.  More services availabel in Great Falls.

Food and Nutrition Services

Teton County Food Pantry - Offers monthly food disbursements to individuals and families in need.  Call a volunteer to set up a time.  They can also assist with Christmas food package in December, quarterly Senior Project disbursements for adults over age 55, and SNAP or Senior Commodity program applications.

Fairfield Food Pantry - Offers monthly food disbursements to residents of Fairfield, MT.

Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) - Provides nutritional information, counseling and food assistance to low-income pregnant or breastfeeding women, and children under 5 years old.

Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP, Office of Public Assistance) - Formerly called "food stamps," this program is designed to help Montanans with limited income to afford healthy food.  Individuals and families can apply through the Office of Public Assistance.

Senior Commodity Program -   This is a supplemental food program for income-eligible seniors, age 6o years and older. Food is delivered by volunteers in: Choteau, Dutton, Fairfield, and Power in ‘even’ months (February, April, June, August, October, December) and you receive 30 to 50 pounds of a variety of quality food products.

Social Services and Programs

Opportunities Inc. - Provides assistance to individuals of Teton, Cascade, Chouteau, Glacier, Pondera, and Toole counties with energy assistance, emergency food and shelter, rental assistance, homeless transitional housing, and family self-sufficiency.  

Opportunities for All Scholarship -This scholarship program will pay for enrichment classes or programs for both adult and children, residents of Teton County.

Office of Public Assistance - Agency through which to apply for SNAP, Medicaid and Temporary Cash Assistance (TANF).  The Office of Public Assistance is available in Choteau for walk-in appointments 8am to 5pm (lunch from Noon to 1pm) every other Wednesday.  Services are located in the basement of the Teton County Courthouse at 1 Main Ave S., Choteau MT 59422.  Call the Teton County Health Department with questions at 406-466-2562.

Childcare and Family Services

Family Connections - Assists families in finding and paying for childcare.

Housing and Energy Assistance

Low Income Energy Assistance Program (LIEAP) -   Pays part of winter energy bills for eligible people. Most utilities offer LIEAP recipients discounts on their bills.  Assistance is in the form of a once per heating season benefit grant, not a monthly payment. 

Energy Share MT - Helps Montanans faced with energy emergencies
meet their needs and move towards self-reliance. Can be applied for through Opportunities, Inc.

HUD Rental Help - HUD helps apartment owners offer reduced rents to low-income tenants. To apply, contact or visit the management office of each apartment building that interests you.  Search subsidized housing facilities on the HUD website.

Employment Services

HELP-Link - A  free workforce program for Montanans covered by Medicaid under the Montana HELP Plan. Connects Medicaid enrollees with high quality workforce training, employment services and job openings in local communities. 

Job Service Montana - Resources and tools for job seekers, including Unemployment application.

Crisis Lines, Advocacy, and Legal Services

Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-TALK or text "MT" to 741 741

Montana Tobacco Quitline - 1-800-QUIT-NOW 

Hi-Line Help for Abused Spouses - Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault
24-Hour Crisis and Support Hotline 1-800-219-7336

Adult Protection Services - Adult Protective Services Specialists help to protect vulnerable adults from abuse, neglect and exploitation. They help end abuse by matching the needs of the person, with community partners in their area.  Call 1-844-277-9300 for non-emergent reporting.

Montana Warmline - 1-877-688-3377 The Recovery Line is for people with a mental illness who want to talk to a peer (that is, a person who is in recovery for his or her own mental illness) about issues they are facing in their lives or with their treatment. It provides a friendly and understanding person for those who just need someone to talk to.